This is how we get through Orlando theme park vacations these days. The smell of Halloween fake fog and the Sanderson sisters didn’t even get out of our clothes before someone got all happy and bright on us.
The attractions are preparing for the end of the year events. Some are going the traditional route or bouncing back from pandemic hiatuses. Some have changed the formula or changed location, and there are a few new offerings for these parts.
There really is no rush. Everything will continue after, oh, say, Thanksgiving. But for you early risers, here’s a list of Central Florida attractions with vacation plans, listed in order of debut.
- November 8: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Magic Kingdom. After hours event with extra tickets includes parade, fireworks, stage shows, dance parties, characters in very happy mode. (There are 25 dates selected through Dec. 22, but the first seven nights are sold out.)
- November 11th : Night of a Million Lights, Island H2O, to benefit the Village Give Kids the World. The elaborate display moves from the reopened nonprofit to the Kissimmee Water Park. (Every evening until January 1.)
- November 11th : Christmas Nights in Lights, Dezerland Action Park Orlando. The drive-thru display debuts at the north end of International Drive. Reservations required. (Every evening until January 1.)
- November 11th : Christmas Celebration, SeaWorld Orlando. The event, included with park admission, features new “Holiday Reflections” fireworks, the Sesame Street Christmas Parade, “Elmo’s Christmas Wish,” a “Winter Wonderland on Ice” skating show, interactions with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Bumble. (Select nights through January 3.)
- November 12: Vacation at Universal Orlando. Islands of Adventure features Grinchmas and “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle,” as well as Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s Winds through the streets of Universal Studios. The festivities are included in admission to the park. (Daily until Jan. 1.) Mannheim Steamroller performs at Universal Studios on Dec. 3, 4, 10, and 11.
- November 18: Christmas at Gaylord Palms, Kissimmee. The Grinch-themed ICE display is the centerpiece of the holiday lineup, which also offers options for the Snow Slide, Gingerbread Decoration, Naughty or Nice Escape Room, and Shows on stage, including “Circus: Spirit of Christmas”. (Every evening until January 1.)
- November 25: Epcot International Holiday Festival including Candlelight Processional, Holiday Kitchens, live entertainment via storytellers and musicians, Walt Disney World. (Included with admission to Epcot, daily through Dec. 30.)
- November 25: Vacation at Legoland in Florida. Activities, included with admission to Winter Haven Park, feature seasonal characters, Lego builds, performances, and treats for sale. (Event dates are November 25-27, December 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 22-31.)
- 1st December : Space Vacation, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Seasonal decor, holiday music throughout the Brevard County resort. (Until December 30.)
- December 3: Ho Ho Ho-Down Christmas Holidays at Gatorland including regular admission. Interactive characters such as Gator Claus and Krampus Croc, live music, exhibits, holiday food, craft vendors (Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 18.)
Email me at [email protected]. Subscribe to the Theme Park Rangers newsletter at orlandosentinel.com/newsletters or the Theme Park Rangers podcast on orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-podcast.